Relocating can be complicated. We get local Portland home sellers calling us or submitting their house information on this website every week who are relocating and need to sell their house in Portland. We’re able to help many of those sellers sell their house quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Portland OR right now!
When moving, there are several details to keep together along with dealing with the stress of dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market in [marker_city] is relatively stable right now, things can change in the blink of an eye. So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Portland OR house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Portland. What do I do?
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. Often times, people will have their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. How long are you willing and able to make two mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell, we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. However, you need to factor in the costs involved in keeping your house on the market longer. This includes the mortgage, insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000 and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000, it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” and you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.What if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide, take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Portland OR agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by listing it at a high price. In reality, most properties are pretty average so weigh your options.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying. In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments, or conduct a short sale with a bank. We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Who Is Portland Wholesale Property And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Portland?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Portland home owners who need to sell fast.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
But we’re passionate people and we believe in the Portland community. We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Portland real estate, so please feel free to call us at (503) 334-4150 and chat with us anytime.